Nominations and/or volunteers are needed for 2017 PANTRA Officers!
The election for PANTRA’s 2017 officers will be held at the general meeting on January 11th.
Nominations for 2017 club officers are now being accepted. Use the form below to nominate any club members you would like to see leading the efforts of PANTRA in promoting, maintaining, preserving, and expanding trail riding opportunities in the Inland Northwest.
If you are willing to volunteer your own time and efforts, you may nominate yourself also.
The procedures for electing officers are:
- Nominations are accepted by the Election Committee from the first of November through the start of the December general meeting.
- Nominations may be cast at a meeting in person, by proxy, postal mail, e-mail, or use the form above.
- All nominees will be contacted so they can accept or decline the nomination.
- Election is held at the December meeting.
- Individuals are allowed to run for every position, but only obtain one.
- Order of election is President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Election is by written ballot and won by simple majority.
- Officers assume office on January 1. If you accept a nomination, be prepared to fulfill the duties of the position.
Duties of the Officers are:
President – Supervise and control business affairs of club and assist other officers.
Vice President – Assist President, manager of Physical Assets.
Secretary – Record keeping, correspondence.
Treasurer – Receive and keep all money and financial records.
Duties to be coordinated by Officers include categories of membership, land use issues, trail work, and PANTRA events. Committees and contact people would report to their Officer, who would report in Officers meetings. Then the Officer would summarize in the general meeting.
Committees that will need volunteers:
- Blog/Newsletter committee: Creating and publishing regular club related Blog posts to the website.
- Membership committee: Developing ways to retain and increase memberships.
- Event committee: Organizing PANTRA sponsored events.